A Haven for Vee

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Forget to Communicate?

Hebrews 13:16 is such an interesting verse. One can pick it apart or take it on face value. Depending upon which version of the Bible one uses, the meaning can shift a bit.

Today, I want to chat about the King James version because of the word "communication." In other versions, that word often shows up as "share."

But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. KJV

Ever forget to communicate? I do. All the time. I know. You're shocked. Truth is, communication is one of the first things to go when I'm feeling stressed or tired. I just clam up. Case closed. The end. So I appreciate the King James version if I take it on "face value" (without studying the etymology of the word "communicate") and am reminded not to forget to talk, share, encourage, and communicate. I'm also glad that God knows that it is a "sacrifice" because that's just how I feel about it in times of weariness of body and soul. Let's not forget, too, that even the touch of a hand is communication.

I only have one chalkboard and I've been trying to decide its next message: Communicate, Share or perhaps "Be Sweet" will cover it all.



Source

Blessings to you...

(comments are always closed on Sundays)