A Haven for Vee

Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Eve

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgement. John 7:24



Here in my corner of the globe, there's been some controversy about the sign that you see pictured in the article above. It's an eight by twelve foot sign easily visible from the highway depicting the candidates' qualifications. The owner of the sign has been told to remove it; he has refused. The photo on the left depicts a candidate wearing the traditional clothing of Somalia; the candidate on the right shows a much younger man wearing the uniform of the U.S. Navy. This quote from Ronald Reagan tops the photos: It is freedom itself that still hangs in the balance, and freedom is never more than one generation from extinction.

Until two weeks ago, I was not concerned about freedom hanging in the balance. This morning, I am absolutely concerned about freedom hanging in the balance. Something is very fishy about a man who refuses to release documents and whose friends read like a "Haters of America" club. Call me old-fashioned, but I simply believe that the President of the United States ought to be an American. We're not even one hundred per cent certain that one of the candidates is. One thing I do know, one is NOT a patriot.

This *link* to Truth or Fiction dot com tells more about this photograph in a more fair way than I ever could. To me, the photo shows a man who has no qualms about dissing the flag of the United States or its anthem. And he wants to be the president?! Incredible! What's more incredible is that enough people could vote (along with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and a bevy of other cartoon characters) to make that happen. Unbelievable! Incomprehensible!

One way or the other, the ballots will be cast as the peoples of our nation march to the polls tomorrow. Please join me in praying that God's will be done. Dare I invoke the will of God in this election? You bet that I do! The blood of the innocents compels me.