A Haven for Vee

Friday, October 3, 2008

The Best Laid Plans...

Sometimes those adventures just don't work out as planned. We woke to yet more rain and so decided that our plans to attend the Fryeburg Fair would not be working out this year. I refer you to my post on the fair that I posted a year ago right here. I don't think that any of my regular readers had shown up by then.

You can read all about my food choices of that day. Oh my! And you can decide who the friend was that I quoted with regard to manure and pine needles. Oh yes, three guesses and the first two don't count.

I love Bloomin' Onions and will miss not having one this year, but I did make up for it a little when I made some of Ree's Onion Strings to serve with lunch. Have you tried these? They are so delicious and very easy to make.

I'll be back later with a pic of my baby grand. No! Not the piano, the littlest grandson with whom I am spending the day. I'm looking forward to the fun.

Have a great Friday!

Leaving you for now with yet another autumn picture taken earlier this week at the Farmer's Market.

ETA: I've tried to do as promised, but Blogger is having a fit tonight with uploading pictures. I've tried both editing this post and starting a new post. Either way, uploading pics is not working tonight. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

ETA: Saturday morning try...

A Happy Stroll Through the Cemetery













Give a Boy a Box

Yay! It worked!

My Saturday plans are to clean the garage. I seriously mean it this time. No really. I am serious.

Enjoy your weekend.

17 comments:

  1. LOL, loved your food choices at the fair, Vee. Isn't it fun just to have that kind of food freedom once in a while. I'm sorry that the rain changed your plans to go yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY VEE! I can't wait to get over and see that onion strings recipe...since the General Store closed down it's cafe haven't had them in ages! We do have a restaurant in town (The Golden Nugget) (we had a gold mine here up till about four years ago) that does Bloomin' Onions...but really I prefer the strings! Hope you enjoyed your day even if you didn't get to the fair!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Vee!

    I am supposed to be getting ready to leave but I couldn't resist popping to see what wonderful thing you have been up to. I am sorry your plans for the fair fell through. I'll see you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you weren't able to make the fair. I did go back and read the original post and the list of food you'd eaten that day. Yowzers! I can't remember anything but the lobster roll. Yeah, you had me at that one. Hope you have a great Friday. Thanks for wishing me one too. There are exciting things happening in my life today - I'm installing a toilet!!! Tell the carpenter I'll be flipping homes soon.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you missed the fair this year...but so glad you still had the onions! I am going to check out the onion recipe...mmmm.

    I vaguely remember your post from last year...but must go see what healthy food choices you made that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes...and have a wonderful day playing with your baby grand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Vee...... do you remember was it one of the ladies in your comments who recently had a recipe for prune plum loaf? can't seem to dredge it up...and now I have some Italian or prune plums to use.... anybody?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. found it!! Mennonite Girls Can Cook.... a beautiful picture to go with it as well....

    now to give it a try.... wheeeee

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh! Onion Strings! I am going to check that out!

    Have fun with your baby grans :-)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you didn't get to go to the fair, but whatever you do, I'll bet you have some fun. Those onions look yummy for the tummy. By the way, I saw all those Patti Page items. A tiny piece of trivia...I was named after Patti. I became Trish when I was a teenager. Anxious to see pictures of your little grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vee...catching up on your blog this evening along with others.

    Thanks for your visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandson is adorable. Nice to see kids still do like to play in cardboard boxes!! :-)

    Good luck cleaning the garage. I'm supposed to be outside mowing the lawn right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aha! garage cleaning! We plan to do ours next weekend. THAT is a chore! remember to smile wjile you work! *grin* You will be so proud of it all cleam and shiny!

    I love those sweet pictures...nothing like a child and a box. Their imaginations can soar!

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. He so reminds me of when my boys were little they love boxes. I would use paper and make cars and trains out of them complete with lights and wheels. Have a fun weekend...m..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like what you are packing in that box, cute cargo! Hope your weekend was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Evening Vee,

    I'm sorry you didn't make it to the fair, I hope you have more chances, your list from last year sounds awesome...the food is always bad but sooo good and now with a husband to share in the joy! I hope you had a great weekend...and yes, I did buy the car :).

    Hugs,
    Kathi :)

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.