A Haven for Vee

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Heaven Is...

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.


~Elisha A.Hoffman

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. -I Peter 5:7

When we pray to the Lord asking for comfort in times of stress or times of loss, it is good to remember that He actually died [and rose again] and so has gone ahead of us to prepare the way. This is not true of any other counselor or grief expert. He understands death in a way that none of them can. ~Philip Yancey paraphrase

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. -John 14:2

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old
And some day yonder we will never more wander
But walk on streets that are purest gold

~Ira Stamphill



"Stillwater Cottage" by Thomas Kinkade is an image that suits my imagination of Heaven. (ETA: You'll have to do your own Googling to see it...sorry about that!) See Jesus walking across the pond or feeding the swans and it would be nearly complete. Peek through the window and see the family seated at the dining room table and the fantasy fills out even more. But whatever our ideas of Heaven, they can not begin to compare with what Heaven truly is and how wonderful it will be to see the Lord face to face.

Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful beginning to a beautiful new week!

picture source