A Haven for Vee

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Valentine Arrives



My win from Miss Sandy at Quill Cottage arrived yesterday! What a beautifully packaged delight it was. The protective packaging was old patterns (I must check them out carefully) and strips of music. And, as if the woven heart embellished with lace, buttons, and an adorable key charm weren't enough, the heart was filled to the brim with handwritten recipes and newspaper recipe clippings that Miss Sandy tells me are from her personal collection. I am so touched by her thoughtful gesture.



We'll be revisiting this once the rhubarb grows high enough to be harvested because there is a recipe for Rhubarb Roll that I am definitely going to try.

Thank you, Miss Sandy!

Enjoy your Friday!

11 comments:

  1. You are most welcome sweet Vee! I thought you might enjoy the Rhubarb Roll. Have a delightful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh isn't it fun to have good mail? I too was the happy mail receiver yesterday .. oh Vee. .I'm a lucky girl. I'll post the apron next week . .. I absolutely love it. . thank you. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure! There's nothing more fun than old recipes. Have fun with them Vee!

    Big hugs,sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhubarb Roll? sound wonderful. I love rhubarb staright from the garden raw with salt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely win!

    A recipe for 'Rhubarb Roll'! Yummmm... Now that's spring-like. :-)

    Aunt Amelia
    "A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill."
    ~Jane Austen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice surprise from Miss Sandy! She is so creative to ahve included all thsoe goodies to make you smile.

    I love ruhbarb too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...what fun! I see the flag is up on my mail box...but I'm not rushing out there. I'm not expecting anything nearly this nice! Miss Sandy really knows how to make a package special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! We are both feeling special today! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your win Vee.! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Be-lated Birthday Vee, sorry I missed your actual day, rats!

    I've been having too much fun catching up on you this evening!

    I'm hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun package - those old recipes are usually the very best - have fun with them this week-end :-)

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.