A Haven for Vee

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trust in the Lord With All Your Heart

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. Proverbs 3:5

"I once asked the Lord why so many people are confused and He said to me, 'Tell them to stop trying to figure everything out, and they will stop being confused.' I have found it to be absolutely true. Reasoning and confusion go together." ~Joyce Meyer

"I once believed that after I prayed, it was my responsibility to do everything in my power to bring about the answer. Yet God showed me a better way and showed me that self-effort always hinders His work." from Streams in the Desert (emphasis on always mine)

"The difference between those who are being led by the Holy Spirit and those who are being deceived is joy, gladness, and a calm expression instead of sadness, sorrow, and depression." ~Smith Wigglesworth