A Haven for Vee

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Christmas in July

While on our day trip to Belfast Thursday, we not only visited Perry's Nut House, we also visited Genie Francis's The Cherished Home. That link is on my sidebar. (I even think that Genie was there that day. Not absolutely certain, but a very lovely gal was standing at the counter saying to call her if there was anything that the clerk needed. I was surprised by how beautiful and thin she was!)

Her shop is so charming, but I could tell that my beloved was feeling a bit awkward in there. He was very patient, though, as he always is.

But! I found these and if anyone has a very, very good memory, you'll know that I've been wanting them since December when my dear friend Mrs.G gifted my grands and their parents with the wonderful Santa egg caps. (Don't worry about reading the entire posts, just look for the photos.)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
So now we begin the melding of households. I've done this before with my sister, but never before with a husband. (Well, unless you can call someone bringing his clothes along.) My husband has a big barn and a small home. He has lots of things. He's busy going through it all. What a lot of work!

Yesterday, he told me that he was bringing me a little girl whom I'd love as she was very quiet and well behaved. He was right.



He thinks of her as a Claudia; I call her Emmy.

Oh it's grand to have a man about the house...the things that he'll help me with today...hauling dump, doing dishes, folding laundry. He's already helped make the bed. Love it!!

Have a happy Saturday!

16 comments:

  1. I just love the happiness in your words, Vee! Have a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so happy. I am very glad. Loved the "little girl"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are snuggling into the married life. That shop sounds wonderful. There's one very much like it not far from here. I go in and dream. Here's the thing about these shops and men - they don't usually go together very well. The wise home decor or quilt shop owner would do well to put some nice comfy chairs just inside the front door. It's what they call in the south a "buzzard's roost" where the men can wait and commiserate with each other. There was a quilt shop in Hannibal, Missouri that had this feature and the men were very grateful.

    - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your joy truly gives me joy, Vee!!! Now, tell me who or what Emmy/Claudia is!!! Lol! And, what did you get at Genie's store? I remember the egg cups!

    I hope you and your beloved have a marvelous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy marriage Vee. You sound so happy! I love the little girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Vee...it was so good to see a photo of you two love birds!!! yay
    You both look so happy together. Thank you for sharing a pic of you, I've been trying to picture what you look like...your so pretty and such a handsom husband too! ;)

    Well enjoy putting your households together, that little girl statue is charming, looks like you both have the same taste in do-da's!!

    Have a great weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Claudia/Emily' is as precious as can be!!!

    And I'm wondering how your husband is going to get along without his big barn... -sigh- But, perhaps he's not selling the whole kit and kaboodle. Just bringing certain things, from his small house.

    I just can't imagine how a man could just walk away from a big barn and all it must contain. -sigh-

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh
    Photos-City-Mine
    When Twilight Embraces

    ReplyDelete
  8. How perfectly lovely... I visited the link and read about Genie's love affair with Maine. How sweet and very intriguing. Sounds like the lifestyle we want... Congratulations on your egg cup find!

    Love the pretty little girl on the bench. Think I'd call her Cordelia as she makes me think of Anne of Green Gables.

    :-) So glad you're happy to have a man about the house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see the glow upon your face in the words you write....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sound so happy. It made my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the egg cups and Emmy!!

    I smile as I read your post because I can hear the happiness in your writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful hearing you write about your "husband". I am so happy for you Vee. Love the egg cups by the way. Simply charming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very much fun going through all your things together and seeing what to keep and what to put away! And what fun to make room in your house for all his things. Now you can look around and see all the things that remind you of this man and his love for you! Ya'll have a great week! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a husband who helps fold laundry and does dishes too, Vee! It's great to have a real partner in life.

    Sounds like a nice shop -- I'll go visit her link.

    Love the little girl statue!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so in love! I just love it for you Vee :). I was thinking about the outfit you were searching and searching for, I'm sure it was for your special day :) but honestly, your beloved would have married you in a t-shirt and jeans :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, yes, a man around the house DOES indeed have its (his) advantages, eh? lol Poor Randey's thinking about running away from home - says I've been working him like a dog. Which simply isn't true. I don't know any dogs who can garden worth a flip and that's all I've had Randey doing lately - weeding flower beds, trimming rose bushes, mowing the lawn, edging the yard...SIMPLE little things. Don't know why he complains so. LOL
    Love the egg cups!!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.