It finally cooled down enough to bake the rhubarb custard pie I've been wanting to try for weeks. My apologies to all I've told that I was baking it. I lied. This was the first time I've made rhubarb custard.
The mosaic probably tells the story far better than words, but for my dear friend who needs words, I'll explain.
Top row left to right:
1. Spindly little rhubarb stalks
2. Pie crust made and chopped rhubarb inside
3. The custard filling is added
4. A lattice top...ohhh, fancy schmancy for me...oops, forgot the butter so added it atop the lattice holes
Second row two small photos:
1. Pie baked for 55 minutes total
2. The mess that remains on the pastry board
Third row two small photos:
1. Cinnamon swirls with leftover crust, but of course!
Fourth row left to right:
1. Pie fresh from the oven
2. Pie picnic on the deck
3. An unattractive piece of pie waiting for sampling
4. John waiting for his cue
Hubby giving this pie two thumbs up, trust me! :D Isn't he a good boy?
If you'd like, you can find this recipe right *here.* We'll be keeping this one.
P.S. Comments are still off...enjoy those mosaics!