A Haven for Vee

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Letters to Emily

The premise is reminiscent of Charlie Shedd's book Letters to Karen, except that the letters are to a young mother about raising children. There are also many encouragements concerning marriage and family. What am I talking about? A new-to-me blog that I stumbled upon (via a comment left yesterday) and a most delightful find it was.

No pictures save those created with words alone, but the entries are concise and poignant with wonderful touches of humor. Look for My Letters to Emily on my blogroll from now on and do visit to see what I'm raving about. You'll find that each entry is a treasure; I'm certain that young mothers and even grandmothers would enjoy reading them.

One that had little to do with child-rearing turns out to be *my favorite.* You'll see why right away.

This is a bit of an unusual twist for a Sunday entry here at Haven, but so delighted was I to see this unique, encouraging blog that I could not help myself.



Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. ~Matthew 5:15

Photo Source