A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Treasures from Main Street



Main Street Memories is a blog where I spend a fair amount of time. Colleen writes with such wit and lightness that one can't help a grin or, more often, a guffaw. Recently, Colleen and her sisters lost a bright light in their lives...their only brother. This has left them feeling sad and a bit lost, though it has not diminished Colleen's spirit or zest for life. One just knows that things are hopping and happening wherever she is. You'll meet Mr. B and all the family and you'll be enriched for it.

Thanks, Colleen, for the sweet treasures. I love them! They usually live in my craft room where they serve as inspiration. You know that I went right out and bought washers the minute that I learned you were up to something with washers (can't you just imagine folks wondering if we need some dryers, too?) Now I see that I need more Scrabble tiles and some dominoes. And, I'm going to take just the right photo and use my "V" necklace for my profile picture one day soon...as soon as the sun comes out again.

Happy Tuesday, everyone, stay happy and toasty.

Edited to Add: January 31, 2010



I love this profile picture and will come back to it again someday, especially now that I have it tucked in this safe place.

17 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh, a "V" necklace coming!!! I can't wait to see it!

    Washers... How about some nuts and bolts too? >,-)

    -Hehhhh- You can't fool me into thinking that means real big washing machines. Living with a "Jack of All Trades" for 51 years, I know what a washer is, when I hear of one. -gigggles-

    Mmmmm... please don't wait till the sun comes out again, to work on your necklace though... Eeeek!

    I said we missed snow, yesterday. But we're getting it today. But that's ok. My real desire is for bad weather in MA, NOT TO CURTAIL the getting out the VOTE! On one side, that is!!!!

    Oh I'll be on pins/and/needles all day, about this election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun and pretty things you received from Colleen. I look forward to seeing you in your "V" necklace.
    I am off to pay a visit to Colleen.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find such interesting blogs Vee! Colleen's baby spoon post had me laughing so much!

    I'm "in" on the washer trick ...I've seen it transformed on many blogs into a beautiful piece of jewelry. I can't wait to see what you make!

    The "V" goodies from Colleen are perfect for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely treasures! I will be checking out her blog...have a wonderful day Vee!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out her blog. She sent you some fun stuff!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee, you are so smart! I love all those little snowflakes that are skipping along on your header! Simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun!! I can't wait to see what create! I'll have to pop over to Colleen's blog and check out her style.

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for steering us to such fun places!

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link! I can't wait to go and look around! And thanks for the birthday wishes! You're sweet! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from snowy Vermont. The giveaway is filled with such lovely treasure. Well deserved, I say. ~~Kathyippercat

    P.S. I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely things, they are just begging to become a creation. I have to visit her blog, I have never met her. I love your blog header brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It has been snowing on and off, but unseasonably mild here I think.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see what you are up too?

    Lovely V's by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy March 20th morning to you, Dear Vee!!!!!!!!

    I'm surely happy!!! :-))))

    And I'm sure, you are also.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww..what a sweet post! Thank you for being my friend - I am better for knowing you. And, can't eait to see what you come up with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, so I can't type in the morning..I meant "wait" not eait..although eait sound like a facny-schmancy way ot saying 'eat'..and yes..it IS all abount food, huh?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm...I think a visit to Main Street is in order.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your completed project.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.