A Haven for Vee

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pressing On

I am not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward — to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. ~Philippians 3:12–14 (The Message)



Yes, I did get out yesterday. Took a picture or two and a blogging buddy's advice. Such moments are always liberating. God is so good and patient with me, one who is alternately timid as a mouse and then the resident loudmouth. And today, I'll drive in the snow by myself to church (not this one) where we'll sing "Standing at the Portal" because another blogging buddy featured it on her blog last week and I liked it so well that I just happened to email the pastor about it and he liked it so well that...

Embrace and enjoy this *Day of Epiphany. Think what you might do. It's not too late! My table is set, the menu is planned, the food is waiting, my heart is full and ready. 

Many blessings to you this Sunday and all week through!


*Edited to Add: There is no epiphany greater than meeting God.