A Haven for Vee

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Puttering Kind of Day

It's been one of those days where I have been puttering around the house looking at things with a critical eye and thinking what I might be able to do today without painting and without changing things too drastically.

After feeling like a slug for over two weeks, I finally feel like doing something, but that something doesn't include messing things all up. More that it means putting things back together again. As we all know, things do not improve with time without an outside hand (contrary to what all those evolutionists think).

So the one little thing I changed was the shelf over the tv where I took down everything that had been there and gathered my oil lamps and slapped them up instead.

I was taking a cue from Penny @The Comforts of Home who recently disguised her tv by adding pictures to the wall all around it. Did you miss it as I first did? You can take a peek right *here.*

Goodness knows that I've been wailing about my tv and it's nowhere near the size of hers. What do you think? Do my lamps disguise it any? LOL!

12 comments:

  1. Well, yes they do! Because my eye was drawn to the lamps instead of the TV....

    Even though I have all of my prints around it....the elephant is still in the room - lol.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Vee! Nice collection of oil lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I LIKE how you massed the oil lamps together. Did it disguise your tv? Uhm, nope.

    Love,

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely oil lamps! I always like how they look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lamps! A wonderful solution! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the oil lamps Vee, I am in a puttering mood too, I guess it must be the changing of the seasons. Thanks for sharing, I am glad you are feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the lamps AND the shelf they are sitting on. I agree on being in a puttering mood, but it is just too hot to think about doing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what tv? oh fun ..
    I was doing the critical eye thing myself over here. .quite fun. . and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it helps distract. I love the little window on top of your window...how cool is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo pretty! The oil lamps are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonder why you need to disguise it. The lamps look fine though.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.