Anyway, since you asked, and you won't be disappointed, and IF you make this one I really, really do want to hear about it, here ya go.
Vee's Creamy Chicken Casserole for Four
* 2 cups dry whole wheat noodles. (We prefer Heartland Rotini, but you use what you like.)
* 1 can cream of chicken soup (mushroom in a pinch)
* ½ cup milk (we use skim)
* 1 cup grated cheese (we like cheddar)
* ½ tsp poultry seasoning
* ¼ cup mayonnaise
* ¼ cup plain yogurt
* One cooked chicken breast cut into small chunks or a 12.5 oz can of chunk white chicken rinsed and drained well (we don't need all that salt)
* Heat oven to 350°
* Boil noodles of choice until done and drain
* Add milk, yogurt, and mayonnaise to the soup and heat until it just begins to bubble
* Add seasonings (you can play around here...we've settled on the poultry seasoning as our favorite)
* Stir in half of the cheese until melted
* Add the noodles and cooked chicken and stir to coat completely
* Spoon into a casserole serving dish suitable for four servings
* Sprinkle with remaining cheese
* Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
Serve with a vegetable or salad and enjoy!
You'll find that this recipe is a wonderful one to tweak. It can easily be doubled or even tripled, but since we are watching our portions around here and there are only two of us, I usually stick to the smaller recipe. This or that can be substituted. Please let me know what you come up with if you give it a try.
For dessert, I made a delicious Peach Dump Cake. It's another recipe that's fun to tweak. I substituted a can of Comstock cherry pie filling because I didn't have two cans of peaches. It's a peachy cherry delight...hmmmmm. Whaddya mean that we're on some diet? :>
Enjoy your weekend, Dear Ones!