A Haven for Vee

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Letters, Packages, Ribbons, and Bows



Just sharing my pretty envelope from a certain Auntie whom I love around here. I have been shaking faerie dust off everything for a while now. ;>



And in the same day's post a package from Robin with extras tucked in. Shop with Etsy or with Ebay or from some of our wonderful blogging buddies and you'll know the joy of finding a unique, one-of-a-kind item.

Oddly enough, it was Aunt Amelia's where I first saw this darling picture and thought to myself that it would look sweet in my sewing room. Fine. Fast forward just a few short days and there it was at Robin's The Punkin Peddler.



Look at the other treasures that Robin tucked in...I so love the decorated clothespins, which I have already put to work.





See how prettily everything was wrapped and just look at the ribbon, which is a gift, too. I couldn't resist doing this with it...



That idea was borrowed directly from something Melissa shared at The Inspired Room yesterday.

Thanks to both Aunt Amelia and Robin! You gals know how to make a day brighter.

Have a happy, restful weekend.

15 comments:

  1. LoVE the ribbon around the shade - so pretty! That adorable picture is perfect for a sewing room - I really love it. Cute clothes pins too!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Saturday morning, Vee. I love what you did with that beautiful ribbon. I love getting gifts in the mail. It is such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty pretty! Love ribbons and the great finds you received! Have a glorious week-end :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ribbon was too cute to discard and you were very creative with it! And that picture is absolutely lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "pretties" as my grandmother would have called them. The ribbon on the lamp is a great touch. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...what wonderful gifts and packages. And Vee....you hae some talent there yourself! Look at that, I would never have thot of a bow around a lampshade. Now it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lamp with the ribbons...Melissa is truly the inspired room. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ribbon around the shade - so beautiful! I saw the same thing in the new Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade magazine I picked up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful SUnday to you Vee- Loved your SUnday post above!
    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you got the letter, in nice time. :-) But if you or John or the kitties could live better, without the added "Faerie Dust" in the house, just say the word! And the faeries will stop fanning their wings over the envelopes, from now on. ,-)

    Such a lovely package from Robin. And, ohhhhh you found the sweet picture, for your sewing room! I'm so glad. Now, IF I did much sewing, I'd want one too. But with me, it would probably just make me "tear-up," every time I looked at it. ,-)

    Hope you're having a lovely, sunny, almost Spring like day, around your parts. As we are here. Monday... mmmmm, well we just won't look at the forecast. ,-)

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gifts and you deserve them Vee.
    Love your Sunday post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an adorable picture Vee! I'll have to peruse the Punkin Peddler's site. Amelia's decorative envelope is really pretty too.

    The ribbon adds so much to the lampshade. What little touches can do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alot of exceptionally good thoughts on your Sunday post. That quote from C.S.Lewis has long been with me as well. Thanks for a very timely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh...I am LATE! Glad you loved everything...that is a great idea putting that ribbon on your lampshade...that was the last piece of that pattern that I had and it was perfect!!

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vee, that lamp turned out so cute! Such a sweet touch to personalize it!

    Thanks for sharing the photo, glad you could use the idea!

    xox

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.