A Haven for Vee

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Bread~Mosaic Monday

Left to Right:
Bread pans waiting, bread dough rising, dirty dishes piling, and the best loaf posing.


Until Easter 2008, I had never heard of this recipe. It was introduced to me by Lovella at What Matters Most. In fact, you'll find the link to her recipe on her sidebar. That year I wrote on the recipe: This is the most delicious bread I've ever eaten. Make it every Easter forever! I'm pretty sure that that's what you'd write on your recipe, too. It also has an interesting history. Check it all out at Lovella's place or at Mennonite Girls Can Cook. (Now they've got a beautiful mosaic!)



Though my Easter bread didn't turn out as well as in years past (all my own fault...too little flour), it still made some amazing toast and, slathered with apricot jam, it could've almost fooled me.

Linking to Mary at Little Red House. Mary, please, have a piece of toast. Anybody? I can make more!