A Haven for Vee

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yard Clean-up and Maundy Thursday Thoughts

First chance I've had to be on the computer today. It feels so right. ☺Sigh☺

My darling niece came to help me with the yard work this morning. We are so grateful for her help. Though we have a tiny little lot, there's always such a mess after a long winter. So much sand all over the lawn—remember my neighbor and his shenanigans?

A friend and I have been having a little race with snow melt. This is all I have left, Christina! (Check to see how much she has left. Oh I adore that song that's playing there... I could listen to it all day.)


And it's not mine! It's my neighbor's. Still, in the interest of the game. ☺

A little scene from my walkabout the house today...the first time since last fall.



Isn't this little box cute? Kinda reminds me of my house. BJ at Sweet Nothings urged her readers to try out some new features on Photoscape. I have had the program (free) downloaded for some time now and had never explored until BJ said I could. The pink things coming up? Peonies on the left and rhubarb on the right. I love that my plates are always blooming on the chippy fence. (John and I think that the chippy fence's days are numbered and so perhaps this summer, there'll be a new less chippy one.)


Here's a little view of my backyard looking across the rock wall my daughter made for me to the ravine beyond. I see that one of the maple syrup buckets landed down there. On the left is the scene as a watercolor and on the right SOOC. So much fun!

Thanks, BJ!

***
On Tuesday, Janette of Janette's Sage posted on the songs that Jesus sang. I'm directing you there for a wonderful word. Janette shared that one of the songs He would have sung was Psalm 136. John and I have been reading it every day since. The psalm is unusual in that each line ends in the same way: His love endures forever.

So much to ponder here. Jesus, The Last Supper, singing songs, ending with Psalm 136 where all lines end "His love endures forever," just before Gethsemane, the long night of beatings, a day on the cross, a death most brutal. As you know, I seldom connect the dots. It's lovely when we connect them for ourselves.

Many blessings to you this day...

25 comments:

  1. Another lovely visit with you today - that's the way I feel when I stop by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for getting out in the yard and "neating up." It does feel so good. And it's so satisfying. You can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee improvement.

    But it's a wonder you didn't blow away today! If you have the strong winds, we do over here.

    And oh sigh, the winds activate our spring allergies. Ugh... Nooooo, ding-it! I will not say Ugh, because I don't have a snow storm outside my windows. Honest! Poor Amelia at "It's A Dog's Life" blog, had snow!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeek!!!!

    Anyone reading this, please pop over and tell Amelia how sad you are, for her snowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And tell her "Aunt Amelia" sent you. :-)

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Re: the playing with Photoscape, I think that's another one of those free programs, which I can't get to work on my iMac. -pout-

    Oh well... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the little - so cute.
    I know that Psalm well. One I read often.

    None of my clothes went astray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you are able to see something besides snow, Vee, I am sure you had a great time out today. Great photos too.

    Thanks for the info. on Photoscape, I read Janette"s blog and was so blessed by her thoughts too.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little box of photos, so clever, but even more the thoughts to ponder as Easter draws near. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always your talent astounds me! As for the chippy fence, I'm loving the plates myself and wonder how you ever thought of that? Happy Easter, wishing you lots of chocolate bunnies and peeps, oh how I love those little peeps!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi, I didn't think of it. I first saw the idea at Manuela's "The Pleasures of Homemaking." Since then I've seen it all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all I have to tell you that I just love visiting your blog. No, I'm not angling to win a giveaway or anything. And no, readers, Vee didn't pay me to say this. :D

    I'm glad you got to get outside today. It's so good to work out in the fresh air.

    Funny thing about your mentioning Photoscape. It's been talked about on other blogs recently and so I downloaded it just a couple of days ago but haven't yet tried to do anything with it. At first glance, I thought it looked somewhat similar to Picasa but I can see from your photos that it has more features. I'll be checking them out! Your photos and the box photo are so neat!

    Love your Easter pondering...Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been thinking all day about the long cost Passover meal, with eight cups of wine (no wonder the disciples couldn't stay awake in the garden...) and how swiftly everything changed. Thinking at the last trump how everything will change again...for good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yard clean up is a necessary task but we can't get to it because of all the rain.

    I love, love, love your stone wall. That really says New England to me.

    Have a blessed Good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Vee,

    Stopping by to wish you and yours a very Happy Easter!

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Vee! You are certainly the "No Snow" winner. Our fields are bare now but we still have an accumulation on the north side of our house and the bush will take a long time to melt. But we've sure turned a corner and two weeks of good weather are predicted. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your yard....those plates...love that! How nice to have a niece to help you.
    His Love endures forever....we are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pastor led us in Psalm 136 last night before communion with the congregation responding with "His love endures forever." Thanks for linking to Janette's post - it's so inspiring to think of Jesus singing for encouragement before going to the cross. If music could encourage him at such a time, imagine what songs of praise can do for us!

    Have a wonderful Easter, Vee!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh...I really need to get out and get some yard work done. Yours looks great. It is always better to have someone to work with too.

    Have a blessed Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, thank you for the shoutout today, Vee. I just love seeing my name *up in lights*...:))
    I knew you'd have so much fun, playing with your photos..and don't forget that little trick I learned last week..exhale on your camera lens for a soft, blurred, kinda dorky effect. :))

    Psalm 136...makes me cry every time. This time of year, I seem to be on the verge of tears anyway.
    Beautiful time.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vee,
    Thank you for the link to Janette's post. I really found that fascinating, I never thought about Jesus singing at the last supper.

    Your yard work looks successful. So many leaves here and so little time.

    Wishing you and your a very Happy Easter.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you have your yard all spiffed up for spring. How fun to have a niece come lend a hand!

    Great Psalm..."His love endures forever!" Happy Easter to you and yours.

    PS Did you bake paska? I did that yesterday...and Ryder came to help with the icing and sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done on the Paska! Oh ..but I love those plates on your fence. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just peeked in at Suzanne's Whoopie Pie post. I thought you might see my comment. Your response was great. It made me laugh!

    But, you know, in your heart of hearts, Lancaster and whoopie pies go together. LOL
    Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Becky, that was a sneaky parting shot! I have had Lancaster whoopie pies and they hold a mere flicker to my own. (How's that for self-puffery? ☺)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the plates on the fence.... and your view of the ravine is so pretty.
    I love the Psalm....
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how happy you must be to at last be outside exploring familiar territory after your long winter. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you could make it out to your yard. We have some between the rain. I love the first showings of spring. Hope your Easter is a blessed one. Linda @bushel and a pickle

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.