A Haven for Vee

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Taste and See

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. ~ Psalm 34:8


Leftover Hot Apple Cider with Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Hot apple cider is a very enjoyable beverage for me. I have been surprised, though, by how many of my guests have not wished to try it. Not even one little sip. Last Christmas, my brother-in-law said that he wouldn't try it for a five-dollar bill. Yesterday, at our leaf jumping party, my sister-in-law said that the mere thought of hot cider gave her "the willies." No amount of coaxing seemed to help, no amount of saying how much I enjoyed it, how warm and soothing it was going down the hatch nor how pleasant to hold the warm cup in the chilly outside air. Nothing.


Grand; John Sipping Hot Apple Cider with His Sisters


Sometimes it's like that when Christians share the Lord with others. No amount of coaxing helps. One has to find out for oneself. You may be glad to know that my sister-in-law later reported that she had tried the hot cider and liked it. The cold had driven her to it. So I encourage you, if you haven't tried hot cider, go ahead, you may enjoy it. And, far more importantly, if you've never tasted the Lord and found Him good, go ahead! You will be pleasantly surprised.

More Leaf Party Silliness


A delightful Sunday to you...

(As always, Sunday's comments are closed.)