A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Note Card Party

~Yellow Tulips~


Have you already started looking for your four favorites? I realize that such a low number is a challenge; that's part of the fun. It's going to be interesting for your visitors to see the ones you've selected. 

It took me quite a few tries with the "grab the button" feature. Speaking of which, I used *this tutorial* from Manic Mother. It was excellent, though don't be like me, be a good student and pay close attention when and if you try it.  (This button I speak of is coming soon. I'm working on it right now. I just needed a post to link to first.) ETA: Though I can not seem to get the feature to my post, it is now sitting in my sidebar. Let me know if it's working, Somebody.

I also offer a regular button in case you prefer that method. I believe that you can copy and paste the following without taking the added steps of saving to your own picture files. I'll check that in a minute.


Note Card Party 

True! I just copied and pasted this from my sidebar; however, it can not be placed into your sidebar that way. 

Rules Summary: 

1. Search for four favorite photographs on your own blog. They must have appeared on your blog by the time you link up. (ETA: It might be helpful to remember that you're pretending to create a set of four notecards. Who knows? Maybe you really will!)

2. Write your post.

3. Link directly to your post when Mr. Linky (or whatever) is available here. 

4. Visit ten or so others (at least) and comment. Knowing that new visitors are viewing and commenting is part of the fun. (I give permission for you to look and not comment at blogs practicing safe commenting. All those word verifications get very tiring when trying to visit a lot of blogs.)

5. Have fun!

Looking forward to setting things up here on the evening of March 20! Have a great Tuesday and thank you for helping me get the word out.

21 comments:

  1. Hmm..Somehow I missed yesterdays post! So I had to go back and read that. I'm not sure I have any note card worthy pictures...I will surely check though. By the way, I think I got rid of my word verification....I hate having those, especially the ones that have 2 words and a box to check to say you are not a spammer! Tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'll have to see what I have.

    I hope you are feeling better. Down in the back is no fun at all!

    I hope your week is going nicely!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your Note Card Party Button on your Sidebar. Twice.

    Clicked it. This brought me back here, to this post.

    Is this, what you wanted to know? :-)

    "When someone in the family has a hearing loss,
    the entire family has a hearing problem."

    ~Mark Ross, Ph.D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to it! I will put the button on my blog to help spread the word.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is going to be fun. Thanks for doing this Vee! I'll get the link on my blog asap. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried your link and it works - brought me back to your post.

    What fun it will be to see what everyone chooses as their favorite photos. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun...I will gladly let my sidebar wear your button for all the world to see.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this will be fun. I sometime use my photos to make cards...especially e cards, and I may have said this already on ur other post. I. Will try to get ur button on my sidebaar but it may be awhile. I just had thumb surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the header and your flowers! So pretty. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun! I put your button on my sidebar. Thanks for dreaming this up! I'll have a very hard time choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have your button on my blog sidebar now! Looking forward to the party! I think that my daughter Kati will be joining in too.
    Now to find four pictures. As I am not a great photographer, this will be a challenge. There are always the grandchildren photos though. They are beautiful even if there is not a good photographer. (That was spoken like a true grandmother, wasn't it? ~smile~)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I'm in! As you know, I've been making my own cards for several years now! The hard part is narrowing the choices down to only four, LOL. I'll grab you little button and put in on my sidebar. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds fun! I'm guessing I won't find time to take part...since I am on vacation. But I will try.

    I love cards made from photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vee
    This sounds like so much fun.
    I'll be on the road visiting family
    during your party. But if I'm near
    a connection I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vee! This sounds like great fun. I'll play along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vee,

    Sounds wonderful. I am going to put your button on my sidebar,and I will mention it on my Pink Saturday post too. Lots of ladies visit then.

    Have a beautiful night.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Vee, this will be so much fun! Alas, I'm going to be away and can't take part.
    Somehow I missed yesterday's post, so I just went back and read it. What a lovely parcel you received from Sheila. She takes beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Vee I just came by to add something to my comment and oops I had not left one. I am ready for this party. What a great idea. I have your button on my sidebar and proud to wear it. It works. Good job.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.