A Haven for Vee

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Perfect Gift

To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. – 1 Corinthians 12:8-11

My grandsons celebrate a birthday together just a few weeks after Christmas. This has been a challenge for all three years of my search for the "perfect" gift so soon on Christmas's heels. Our family will celebrate their birthday party today. They are three and two. I am eager to watch them open their gifts and to enjoy some fellowship over cake and ice cream. (You should see how my eyes have brightened at the thought.)

What does one give to grandsons who have everything? Truly, these children are so blessed to be in a family (on both sides) who believe them to be the most brilliant, handsome, funny, charming children ever born...well, since last a child was in the family (quite some time ago on both sides hence the outpouring).

This is what I purchased among other things...





Yes, a train shaped muffin tin with each muffin a different car on the train. The gift that will keep on giving, I hope. And a gift that is unique. If anyone else thought of a train shaped muffin tin... grrrr...

You know, no one loves us more than our Heavenly Father. I imagine Him wanting so much to see us open His gifts and to use them. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what my gifts from Him are; I still don't know them all. But I'm counting on Him to fill me in just because I've asked. I can trust Him that, whatever it is, it will be perfect for me. You can trust Him just the same way. Of course, the greatest gift is Himself.

Enjoy your Sunday!