A Haven for Vee

Thursday, January 8, 2009

That Mary!

Everything is back to some semblance of normal...perhaps.

I did keep out some Christmas things, but I'm now calling them "winter" things. After all, I decorate for every other season, why not winter?



Oh my! It was soooo hard staying away from visiting, too. I've only allowed myself to visit two blogs...they were especially intriguing based solely on the thumbnail pictures showing last night. The first was Judy at My Front Porch because she finally found a skillet to do some rustic baking with...and how! You'll want to check out those Savory Cheddar Scones she whipped up.

Do I need to explain why I rushed off to Mary's? Did you do the same when you saw this thumbprint? I just couldn't make it out...thought I was seeing things...worried about my state of mental health...wondered all sorts of things... You can visit Mary at Little Red House and see what it really is. I roared! Silly, silly me.

I have a postscript to my post about LeapBlog just this past Tuesday. Debbie from Mermaids of the Lake sent me the following email explaining more about the site:

Hi Vee,

Let me introduce myself.... My name is Debbie and I am one of the publishers of Mermaids of the Lake, an inspiring, creative, e-zine for women... We Mermaids are in the process of setting up a blog. It is a whole new world for us, but we should be blogging in the next two weeks. We love any venue to inspire and promote creativity.

Thank you for your inspiration.

Debbie Nania
Publisher
Mermaids of the Lake


Thanks, Debbie, for allowing me to post this email with all the information. Best wishes to you and the girls on your new endeavor of blogging. I'll be eagerly watching for your debut.

Have a happy Thursday, Dear Ones!

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Vee...can't wait to go see Mary and check out that picture. And congrats on the Mermaid's of the Lake...your talent shines, I've always told you so! I'm been proven right, yet again, lol!
    hugs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course she'd like you... a no brainer!

    I am heading to Mary's right now... I am so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee, I have left my "wintery" looking things out as well. I have amaryllis and a few other things that keep if from being bare. . .tis too early to decorate for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vee,
    You have my curiosity up so I must go over the Mary's and have a look see! How awesome to get such a well deserve compliment from the new blog site but we who visit frequently know that you shine! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am honoured, Vee...that you would break your resolve just to come check out my new cast iron skillet's debut.

    So you have me curious...what exactly did you expect to find over at Mary's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogland...good to see you again. I agree...one should leave some sort of decorating cheer to grace the home....but I DID see all the valentines stuff out in the stores last week already...good grief! Well, as I don't decorate for Valentines I am thinking....I too will leave out some of my 'golds and sparkles' about the formal wine/cherry coloured living room. Then on these rainy nights I shall light the fireplace and sit in the sparkle and glow....

    Congrats on the website invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies! Just to clear up any confusion...there is no website invite. I think that Debbie may have been alarmed at the "dismissive tone" of my earlier post, which was why I received her email of explanation. I was more than happy to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vee!
    I just wanted to pop in and thank you for the lovely note! It really made my day :D
    I'm glad you are enjoying your goodies so much...and just so you know, I was scent shopping nad saw one called 'muddy dirt' and thought of what I could make for your hubby with that! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Vee, Your blog is an inspiration to all of us. Congratulations. Love your wintery look. I decorate with snowmen for the winter :>) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I immediately went over and looked at Mary's photo. I stared at the thumbprint for the longest time and couldn't imagine what it was either. I should have known the bigger image would be lovely. Her blog is filled with such beautiful photographs! Of course, you "shine" too! It's always a pleasure to visit the Haven. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vee!

    The little thumbnail photos on blog lists really catch my eye too! Mary's photo was intriguing, that's for sure!

    Mermaids of the Lake sounds interesting --I'll be sure to visit them -- thanks for the link!

    And you know I love Judy's blog too :-)

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm curious, Vee... what did you think it looked like?

    My decorations are STILL up, and the job of taking them down just seems to get more intimidating as each day passes... Aaaarrrrgh!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL...I had to visit Mary to see what on earth that was! :) I love your "winter" thoughts, my mantel still has winter decorations on it ;)...I guess they should come down this weekend, I just enjoy them so much. Mermaids...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.