A Haven for Vee

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Five Things Tag



Carol of Charli and Me recently tagged me for the Five Things Tag.

Here are the rules:

* Answer the following questions
1. Name five things in your purse
2. Name five things in your workroom
3. Name five things you've always wanted to do
4. Name five things you're "into"
5. Why aren't there five questions? Okay, I'm making up my own. Name five places you've always wanted to visit.

* Tag five other bloggers and let them know that they've been tagged.

1. Name five things in your purse:

-a wallet with no bills just coins
-coupons
-a video...It's a Wonderful Life (Picture taken Sunday morning; Video watched Sunday evening.)
-lipstick
-tissues

2. Name five things in your work room:

-a sewing machine
-iron and ironing board
-shelves
-a cutting table
-an armoire

3. Name five things you have always want to do:

-teach an adult ed class
-take a course in genealogy
-learn how to make a quilt
-travel
-write a book

4. Name five things you're into:

-learning more about the Lord and my life in Him
-family
-creating home
-blogging
-reading

5. Name five places you've always wanted to visit:

-Great Britain
-Switzerland
-France
-Italy
-British Columbia is now on my list (or will be once the flooding is gone)

There! Now you know all the truly important things about me. ;>

I am not tagging anyone because you're all invited to play! Just let me know so I can read yours, too. Enjoy your Thursday!

13 comments:

  1. I am glad to see GB is number one, closely followed by Switzerland! I can take you there!
    My lists would look very similar to yours, and my work room is just the same. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to travel and take a quilting class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come quick...Vee! The waters are gone and we are in for a few days of sunshine and seasonally warm temperatures. The snow-capped peaks look quite lovely right now. Oh, just one thing...take an avalanche awareness course before you come, because we are not allowed anywhere near the snow at the moment! There's always some drama in beautiful British Columbia.

    Teach an adult ed class? I think you are already doing that. Great tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun! Today is a horrendous day at school, we have a funeral in the Middle School at 2, but I may try to squeeze this in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing about tags is we learn new things about each other. It's interesting to pick out the similarities we share :)

    Have an awesome Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lists! I hope you are having a lovely day. We are getting a sifting of snow today and the snowbirds, robins, and blue jays are out in force. I should be working but watching them is so much more fun! I'd better get busy or there won't be a post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, I was glad to see British Columbia on your list. We haven't had any flooding in Victoria,(on Vancouver Island) and we don't have avalanches either. We DO have lots of beautiful ocean and gardens!

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great list!!! I would like to visit those places one day..I have been to France!! Traveling is so fun but lately it's just been to Disney..which is good too!
    -sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to England but it's on my "someday" list. I'd also like to see Paris and Venice. Nice list, Vee!
    xo,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vee

    That was a fun tag -- I'll try to do it someday too.

    Many of my "want to" are similar to yours. At least you have a workroom with a sewing machine to help you when you do learn to quilt -- I'm way behind you in that area..lol!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Italy is my dream vacation...that and Ireland. And Great Britain, or course.
    My sister quilts. Me? I still haven't figured out anything beyond threading my sewing machine.
    I'm pretty sure I own an ironing board...I just forget what it looks like. lol
    I've done some genealogy in the past. It's wonderful and interesting and loads of fun, but you must be terribly organized to truly get anywhere with it. And therin lies my problem. ha! I did find out that some of my ancestors came over from England as indentured servants while others came over from Ireland to flee the Great Potato Famine. Didn't find any horrible criminals or anything, but I figure it's just a matter of time before they surface. LOL

    Nice tag - fun to read.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting list .... we have a peek into Vee....
    It made me smile and feel warm in side that you were ready to come to my defense..... what a sweetie you are...
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love learning more about you! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.