A Haven for Vee

Monday, January 5, 2009

Wax Paper Tip



Today I am sharing a little technique that I've not seen anywhere else, but probably does exist since there's nothing new under the sun. This was a journal created for my darling daughter. (Thanks to Dawn's wonderful tutorial on journal making, I created a number of journals as Christmas gifts.)

First of all, I found this great source of material for the inside covers of the journals. Here's the one that I wanted to use for my daughter's.



I know that I have shared this with a few of you because it was so funny at the time. Especially funny was the look on John's face as he swallowed hard trying to hide his shock. My daughter was visiting discussing some challenges she was facing at the office when she said, "I don't suffer fools like you, Mom." Now the thing is that she didn't say "fools." Substitute your own word, but suffice it to say that it deserved John's expression. Course I knew that it was a grammatical nightmare so didn't respond with anything more than laughter.

Anyway, that's just the background for wanting to use that song title. But, that lady on the cover...saucy? Really?

Using wax paper, I traced around the original picture and, using that tracing, cut the appropriate replacement over one of my daughter's baby pictures... one where she was looking particularly impertinent. :D



I see that I need to be more careful with my gluing since the paper is puckered. Perhaps it'll come with practice. (Yup, still in love with alliteration.)

Have a wonderful Monday!

19 comments:

  1. Vee, this looks like a fun project.

    I wanted to thank you for featuring I Can See Jesus yesterday.

    I just can't get enough of that song. The words and the sweetness in the voices...

    Have a great week!

    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal idea and the precious photo of your daughter:-)

    Thanks for sharing the Song Sheet cover site. I saw several that I might be able to create something with.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely adorable! I have to use that technique, so easy.

    Thanks Vee!!

    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute. . .what a great little project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! The book looks quite wonderful! Thank you for the congrats and yes, we are very excited about the news! With all the job uncertainty here it was nice to get a little bit cheer! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift idea...and perfect for that saucy daughter of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you gave the directions for this. I'd decided that I want to do a little book for Arianna...and thanks to you, I now have the tools! Sorry I've been gone so long, but man am I back!
    hugs
    Sandi
    ps
    Happy 2009...I think it's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vee,
    one of these days I am going to get some time and try some of these techniques..I love this...
    and, having a 27 year old daughter..I totally identify. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of that before...Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea, Vee! I love the name of that song and I bet your daughter got a big kick out of the journal.

    In Ellis Island in NY harbor there is a wonderful immigrant story museum, and they have a whole wall of song books like the one you show, many of which portray the ethnicities of the time and the somewhat now non PC was they were treated in song -- it really is fascinating to see!

    Thanks for the great links for making journals and the song book cover source!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very cute idea and a great project!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good evening Vee,
    What a thoughtful gift. I have been thinking of making my gifts for Christmas next year. You have been giving me some great ideas. Thank you. I hope you have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful... she is and still is..... I would venture to say Saucy.....I love that word....
    Oh by the way that is a Mary Englebrite calendar in my kitchen.....
    ; - )
    HUgs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have never thought to use wax paper as tracing paper! Great tip Vee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a wonderful tip. Thanksfor sharing!
    Nancy
    www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun project!

    I love the winter painting by the way. I was glad you left a link to the artist!

    I will have to check out the play list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely idea! i bet she adored it. looking forward to doing some creative things, been doing the domestic 'stuff' lately. thanx for the words of the song. how much it meant to me to read that today... i can trust Jesus, He takes care of me... wow. thank*u Jesus. hugs & blessings, vikki ♥

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.