All that I know about blogging I could put into a thimble, but I thought that I'd put it down just as a way to gauge my progress.
Hope that you won't mind if I list them for ease of writing and reading.
* I am inexplicably drawn to blogs that have these words in them: little, cottage, porch, vintage, and nest. If you name your blog anything with these words in them, you can count on me to show up at least once. Edited to add: Include tea, garden, and English in that list. LOL!
* Reading a blog from the beginning to the present is a wonderful way to know a lot about a person. Friday evenings, sometimes Saturday evenings, I do just that. Last night I was hanging out with http://sandimcbride.blogspot.com/. The week before it was http://quillcottage.blogspot.com/. Prior to that, it was http://windlost.blogspot.com/. Months ago it was Brin's. So if you see a gal from my corner of the globe sitting on your blog for hours, don't panic, it is only I! (Why does saying "it is only I" make me laugh?! It's correct, but so preposterous!)
Do you know what I've discovered so far? Intelligent, witty, warm, wonderful women that's what! They are all writers, but they could be professional writers. Their writing is better than most of the books I've read. No joke!
* I have been blessed to have read some blogs from their beginnings...Judy's and Melissa's come to mind.
* So many bloggers have Playlists, but I usually prefer to read quietly. However, there are exceptions...I have been known to grab Robin's playlist or Penny's or, on days when I'm feeling mellow or blue, Dawn's. When I'm feeling really adventurous, I compile all of them on top of one another and see what I get. It can be terribly exciting now let me tell you!
* As for blog design, I can only handle two columns. If a blog has three, I am out of there. The blogger could be Harper Lee and I'm still out of there.
* I used to think that I couldn't handle certain colors, but I've discovered that that isn't true. It's all about the content except for the point above.
* If the font is too small, I'm out of there. The blogger could be Harper Lee...oh, I've used that one already.
* While paragraphs are nice, it really is all about the content...usually.
* Male bloggers are few and far between, but I have been enthralled by this blog from the beginning. It's one that I've hesitated to share for fear of overwhelming the blogger and because of the sensitive nature of the topic. I try to use extreme restraint commenting here for that reason, but the writing is beautiful and the story is, too.
* There may be more things that come to mind and if they do, before day's end, I'll add them.
Have a terrific weekend, everybody! (I'm on Nonni duty today and must run...)