A Haven for Vee

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Skidding In...




Some Christmas cards have more meaning than others for they share the story of Christmas. Because I know how weary some of us have become, including myself, I want to share one card's message this morning.

We need a song to sing—
A message of hope and cheer
We need a LOVE that
Transcends time and space
Our hearts seek the knowledge
That amidst all the change
And the clatter of life
There is SOMEONE Who cares.
Jesus is God's
Deliverance given to us
He is the King of Kings
And the Lord of Lords
He is Immanuel, God with us.
He is God's Message of Love
With the angels and shepherds
And all God's children we sing,
"Jesus is Born. JOY to the world."


For all the stresses of life...all the losses of life...all the heartaches...all the pains...all the busyness...all the depression...all the emptiness...all the anger...all the fear...all the worry...all the you.fill.in.the.blank...for all of these, He came. We need to be rescued. It's just that simple.

Today and the remainder of this week, I am building arbitrary time into my day. I am taking a Jesus break every few hours to spend time reading the Word, inspirational messages, and just pray. I think my day will go better.

Two suggestions for you today: Please consider joining Miss Sandy at Quill Cottage for today's installment of Advent observances and join http://daisybouquet.blogspot.com/ for Santa Is Sooo Busy!!!! Edited to Add: Have just been to A Scrapbook of Inspiration where Karen shares a term new to me and gives us an example. It blessed me.

So, if you find yourself "skidding in" today (as am I), let us take the time to "cozy down" and refocus on the most important thing of all...our relationship with the One who was willing to Come just for us!

Image: From my personal Christmas card collection

May the One who cares so completely for you bless your Christmas with joy...your home with peace...and your lives with love.

Blessings...