A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Grape Salad, etc.



This is such a cool, refreshing, almost dessert-like addition to the table. Even my little 20-month-old grandson loved it. Adjusting it for my diet was very easy by switching to yogurt cream cheese for the regular, to plain yogurt for the sour cream, and to Splenda for the sugar.

Grape Salad

Ingredients:

* 4 lbs grapes both red and green seedless

* 1 8-oz package cream cheese

* 1 cup sour cream

* 1/3 cup sugar

* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Method:

Blend the last 4 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Fold grapes in gently. A half hour before serving, sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and a few chopped walnuts or pecans.


Hope that you'll try it!

Challenging gift decisions happen to all of us. Right now I am at wit's end trying to figure out what to give my daughter for her birthday tomorrow. Wonder if she'd enjoy a bowl of grape salad; she's not big on cake and ice cream.

I'm really debating whether to give her some good bed pillows or to pick up a piece of jewelry that will probably get tossed in a drawer. Pillows are practical and something that she may not have and might need after being on her own for a dozen years. It's not very exciting, though. Any ideas?

7 comments:

  1. Vee! The grape salad sounds wonderful!! I must try that one!

    I love everything about your blog!! It is you 100 percent!

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think some big fluffy pillows will be perfect for your dd's birthday tomorrow! Btw, my brother's is today!

    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, I would go for some fluffy bed pillows with some pretty trimmed pillow cases. Depending on her tastes: lace, or fringe, or beaded trim, or a monogram?

    Happy birthday to your dear daughter!

    :) LaTeaDah

    PS: Thanks for the salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same dilemma...my daughter is celebrating her 29th next week & I haven't come up with any bright ideas as yet! I often make her a gift...but I don't think that will happen this year. Last year I gave her a photobook I had made of a holiday we took together. So I'll watch your comments for ideas I can use also! (BTW...thanks for visiting my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you give she'll like it.and your salad is a new idea I'll try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, grape salad! That sounds great!

    I think the big fluffy pillows sound nice. My daughter, who is in college, always wants something practical AND something she might not buy for herself. Money never hurts either! :-)

    xo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all of you great ladies for your input. If you've already read today's entry, you'll know that I did go with the pillows and the pillowcases (touch). Plus, I added a 70s cd for my daughter born in the 70s (hearing), a candle and essential oils (sight and smell), and dark chocolate (taste). There are a few odd and sundries tossed in for good measure, but that pretty much covers it. Again, thanks!

    (hi, Juanita!)

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.