A Haven for Vee

Friday, May 9, 2008

A Merry Heart and All That

Today I am merely serving as a tour guide to a few of the funniest blog posts written in the past few weeks.

These bloggers have made me howl with laughter, sort of the way that C.C.'s beagle Toby howls whenever she takes him for a walk. You can read all about it here: The Worst Walk. Honestly, I'll mail you a dime if you can keep a straight face.

Sandi's beloved husband Mac taught her the basics of semaphore years ago...years and years ago...years and years and years ago...anyway, you just know that this means F-U-N! Read about it on her post entitled Languages and settle back for a good chuckle.

Anybody's post titled Camping in My Own Backyard sounds slightly suspect, especially if we're talking about Judy. I'm beginning to say of these things..."Only Judy." Ha!

Mary's The Joy of Being a Woman is short and plenty amusing...had me grinning all day and now every time I think of it.

I'm Killing My Family One Pan of Paella at a Time
"That title is not exactly accurate because I've never actually cooked paella, but you have to admit that 'I'm killing my family one pan of chipped beef at a time' just doesn't have the same ring to it. Agreed?"

Sometimes I worry about the Farmer myself. Nah, most of the time, I just laugh wickedly over the things that The Farmer's Wife is up to at his expense.

I've never linked to Ree in a post before, but her You Know What I Hate is so inspired and so much fun that I think we should all get on board. Who couldn't employ her method?



Noooo, this is not a shameless rip-off. I used a yellow butterfly. Gheesh!

Edited to Add: No, there is no horse behind the yellow butterfly. As far as I know nothing larger than a squirrel uses the facilities...oh all right, maybe a cat, perhaps a dog on the loose. There's an old junked truck behind the butterfly and it has caused me no small amount of consternation while I attempt strange camera angles to disguise the thing. Thank goodness the leaves are growing larger every day.

13 comments:

  1. Vee, thank you for sharing those! Having grown up around horses, I giggled over the butterfly technique.

    My children are not allowed to say 'hate' either...they are taught to say "I don't prefer _______. My daughter's fiance' once heard me correct one of the Littles at the table and gleefully grabbed hold, only when he says it, it's always extremely emphasized. He even playfully corrects his friends if they use 'hate' in my presence! LOL Now THAT is an eager learner (or maybe just highly motivated, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee,
    I'll be sure to check out these posts as laughter is good medicine and I need a very large dose right now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending us on a 'smile' tour...I'll be back later to do just that! Right now I need to get out there...as the sun is shining and I should make that yard presentable (we want something lovely to look at if we should decide to camp out there!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not very familiar with most of those blogs (although I hope to be soon) but I can attest to the funny-factor of my Aunt Sandi and Uncle Wally (Mac, to her). They are the greatest married couple I know of - perfect foils for one another. And I could read her stories for days and days and days - even when she's making fun of my favorite uncle in the whole wide world. The way she tells the story, I just know he's deserving of it. lol

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very familiar with most of those blogs (although I hope to be soon) but I can attest to the funny-factor of my Aunt Sandi and Uncle Wally (Mac, to her). They are the greatest married couple I know of - perfect foils for one another. And I could read her stories for days and days and days - even when she's making fun of my favorite uncle in the whole wide world. The way she tells the story, I just know he's deserving of it. lol

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised to find that I read most of those on a daily basis! Such a great laugh! I had not read the Joy of Being a Woman one and laughed out loud!!
    You do know how to make one's day a little brighter! Thank you for the laugh!
    Hugs to you!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vee...I am trying to make my rounds but Blogger is being a bugger....I love visiting The Farmers Wife too.....and I loved her post....you guys always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be visiting these. Thanks for the liks.....Happy Mothers Day....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks, Vee, for mentioning my blog...I'm stewing again today because Toby destroyed my garden yesterday. He's a digger, too, the little bugger! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all some of my favorite spots (along with yours)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vee, I'm really glad that you get a smile from my writings. You tell me I'm funny but let me tell you something. My family has had it!! Poke them with a fork, they're done. After 20-30 years this stuff gets old. That's why I started the blog. It was to spread my wings and find some new people who thought I was funny and give my family a break.

    I can't start a morning without visiting the Haven. Thanks Vee for all you do.

    - Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all those many laughs. At the end of a jam-packed week and upcoming jam-packed weekend, I realllllly needed that! (...love the butterfly effect. ROTFL!)

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.