A Haven for Vee

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Pouring Teapot

May 18 - May 24
This week is all about sharing about teapots. Do you have one? two? or three? maybe more? Is it for display only or do you use it for tea? What is the tea server you use most? Your favorite teapot (or is it something like a quart jar?). Tell your teapot story, give its history, and tell what it means to you. You can share more than once if you'd like. Antique, new, Asian, English, or something in between --- we'd love to know!



So it all comes down to this... I'm displaying three teapots that have graced my home for the past eight years while my sister was in residence. The green ivy Corelle pot you've seen before and is the only teapot I own. The apple teapot and the center one belong to my little sister and soon her kitchen will be ready to receive them. Of her two, I love the center one for its feminine, autumnal appearance. As for good handles and good spouts they all fall on their proverbial keisters. I am on a mission to find a good teapot soon. I'll be eagerly reading about teapots on my tour throughout the week. I am so interested in teapot design for function more than beauty these days.

Did anyone see Mark Fitzgerald on Martha Stewart some time ago? A feature was done on his pottery shop. Amazing work he does and he's very fussy about designing good handles and spouts that pour properly. You can see a selection of his incredible teapots at Fitzgerald.com. I am saving my pennies even though I don't find his teapot items that pricey.

Oh I can't believe that we've come to the end of this most amazing Hospital-i-tea Blogathon hosted by the incomparable LaTeaDah. She has done an amazing job of gathering this all together for us. Hope that you'll join the final tour!

Edited to Add: Just one more teapot to share... My mother took this photo for me, but it didn't arrive before I posted. Anyway, this is my favorite family teapot for its charming graphics. I've always loved it. (Since I broke it while visiting my grandmother many years ago, it is used as a decoration only.)

18 comments:

  1. I hope you are soon able to realize your quest for a most wonderful teapot. I don't have a lot of teapots myself. My mother collects them and I borrow from her whenever I need a pretty one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teapot quests are so much fun. enjoy yours. I love the teapot in the middle! Now I'm going back to click on that link and check out the site...
    Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee,
    What are we going to do without Tuesday tea? I am sad to see this come to an end. I wish you luck in your pursuit of the perfect tea pot, handle, spout, and all! I am on the same quest for the perfect pitcher! I have purchased three in recent months and when you tip them to pour the contents spill out everywhere, it too is a spout issue! I am trying to get my tea pot post ready but is requiring dusting, yuck!

    I am currently working on my secret post and hope to have it in play soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vee, you and your sister have some lovely teapots --- and I have been staring dreamily at your adorable framed teacup art! What a great idea! My mind is spinning with ideas as to where and how I could replicate that! LOL! Thank you so much for posting and best wishes on your search for the 'perfect' teapot. For mine that don't work too well (aka, they drip!) I have a handy little drip catcher thing that is fastened onto the spout with elastic. My favorite one has a ceramic butterfly on it as well. It's not as handy as a perfect teapot, but it helps me to be able to use the ones that aren't.

    We're having trouble with Mr. Linky this week. Some are unable to read the links in the far-right column. I've added a 'new' Mr. Linky under the old one. . .and if you could just take a second to sign up in the new box, I'll then delete your blog from the old one. That way everyone will be able to find the link to your blog. I don't want anyone to miss out. Thanks so much.

    Enjoy a wonderful day!
    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  5. If and when you find the perfect teapot, YOU HAVE TO SHARE WITH THE CLASS!!

    Right now, I brew one cup at a time. But I'd love to have a little teapot that would hold 2 or 3 cups at once. I've developed a love for White Tea recently. There's just something about it that works for me.

    Don't forget - tell me if you find THE perfect teapot!!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost missed your teapot party contribution this morning...you had two posts today!

    I also get rather annoyed with teapots that don't pour...those become decor pieces only. I am on the hunt for an acrylic sleeve that slips over the spout for a perfect pour...I've seen them in restaurants, but not in retail locations.

    Thanks for sharing your teapots...and your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vee, Your teapot as well as your sisters are beautiful. I love how you hung those tea cups from the frame. Very creative. Thank you for the link. Those are the most pretty and unusual teapots I've ever seen. I think I'll have to start saving too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teapots! I learned a lot reading your post. I'm fairly new to the world of tea and didn't realize that all pots aren't created equal. Thanks for the info and the link to the pottery teapot site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your teapots are beautiful and I know like me we enjoy coffee more than tea but you must have one good teapot. I have several which I will try to post about tomorrow...the Fitzgerald was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vee, the pots you posted are so, so pretty!...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the autumn one too!It is wonderful seeing all these pots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sad sack when it comes to teapots, I'm afraid. I do have a pretty red toile teapot, but it never sees the light of day. I have a stainless steel one that sits at the ready on my stove (practical, not pretty), but I have to admit, I make my tea in a cup most days. Very wasteful on tea bags...!!!

    Fun post, Vee!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankf for stopping by and for your comment.
    I've also taken note of your frame with the hanging tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty teapots. And I love the hanging cups!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vee,
    Oh don't you hate when you break tea pots? Very disturbing! If you find a perfect one please let me know. I always feel like I'm going to drop my lids on someones plate. Not a pretty picture.

    Have a lovely day,
    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love the teapot in the middle of the picture! I also like the frame with the teacups hanging from it...very cute idea.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the one in the middle best of all. It has the prettiest shape! Hope you find your good teapot soon... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The photo of the teapot from your mother is so unusual. I bet you have kicked yourself ever since, for breaking it :-(
    The only one of my teapots that pours properly is an aluminium one that my father gave me many years ago. He only drank tea - never coffee, and rarely alcohol, so he knew what to look for in teapots that are functional!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.