Sandi tagged me yesterday. Again. She doesn't think that she'd ever tagged me before, but look here and here. It's all good. I think this Four Tag MEME is a fun one and don't forget to go read Sandi's...they're a hoot!
Jobs I have had in my life:
1. first job...apple picking
2. second job...seed weighing at the local hardware
3. third job...cashiering
4. fourth job...teaching
Movies I have/would watch over and over again:
1. Gone with the Wind
2. The Notebook
3. The Sound of Music
4. A Christmas Story
Places I have lived:
2. My home state
People I want to slap right into the middle of next week:
1. Any driver who pulls out in front of me at the last possible second and doesn't step on the gas.
2. Any member of the media who betrays his/her bias, also any member of the media who says "Mr" instead of "President." Oh, and any weather reporter who tells me to "button up."
3. Any person who chews gum in my ear while talking on the phone.
4. Anyone who uses a cell phone inappropriately. I have a long list of what and where is inappropriate. I used to treat these folks as if they were speaking
in a telephone booth by lowering my voice and tiptoeing around them. Not any more. Expect me to grab whatever I need from the grocery shelves whether you're chatting away in front of the olives or not.
People who email me regularly:
1. my mother
2. my daughter
3. my daughter-in-law
4. my friends
TV shows I watch— Fictional:
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Desperate Housewives
4. ??? brain spasm...can't think of any others
TV shows I watch— Nonfictional:
2. Dr. Phil
3. Lawrence Welk (still after all these years...thank you MPBN!)
4. Sometimes the news shows... 20-20 types
Places I have visited:
1. Niagara Falls
2. The Grand Canyon
3. Grand Manan Island
4. Washington, D.C.
2. Paska (gee, thanks, Judy and Lovella!)
3. prime rib with baked potatoes topped with melting butter and sour cream and a big leafy green salad with Olive Garden dressing
4. any kind of dessert...I love them all...never met a candy bar that I didn't like either
Where I want to be right now:
1. I'm perfectly content at home, but...
2. at the lake or the ocean
3. in the theater
4. at a concert
Things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. watching the grandsons grow
3. finding my purpose in life (it's about time, say what?!)
4. Thanksgiving and Christmas
Now, in a definite shift from rebellion, I am actually naming four people to do this MEME in no particular order:
4. and last, but not least, http://happyoneat.blogspot.com/. Happyone is so happy that I am eager to see how she'll respond to people slapping. LOL!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
What a difference a day makes—yesterday gray and foggy...
Today—sunny and bright (also danged cold and windy).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Last Sunday, two dear bloggers gave me this award. Happyone and Me of Charli and Me. There's a huge difference between the two sets of rules:
Happyone's: This is not meant as a tag but just to say your blogs are great and if you want to pass it along please do. I enjoy all the blogs that I read and here are just 5 of them.
Me's: The recipient must agree to award it to at least ten people whose blogs are found to be worthy of an Excellent Blog Award. The award may be given to more than ten blogs, to a blog that has already received one or to the person or blog from whence it came. The blogger who gave the award must be notified that it is accepted with the conditions imposed. Then the names of the blogs must be listed and those bloggers must be notified that an award has been received.
This is an honor that I do not take lightly. I will be passing on this award and that's going to require some thought. I have no time for thought this morning so I shall return to this at some future date. Thank you to both Happyone and Charli and Me for enjoying spending time here. I am grateful.
A wonderful Wednesday to you all!