A Haven for Vee

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sabbath Rest


When we as Christians are not willing to enter into the Sabbath rest we are called to — resting totally in the truth of God's unconditional love and grace in Jesus Christ — we are behaving just like the Israelites. We are Christians, and we can't go back and become caterpillars again. We won't go forward either, so we make our home in the desert and settle for second best.





Source (permission pending)

To the hungry ones, to the humble ones, God will always respond by leading them to true freedom. ~Bob George

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you." ~Jesus (Matthew 7:7)

7 comments:

  1. Vee,
    I read this, reread it .. .sighed and soaked in the truth.
    Enjoy the rest of your snow drift melting Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your scriptures today! May the Lord truly give us a good week with spring around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, like Lovella, read and reread this statement to let it truly soak in. Why after being transformed from a caterpillar to a butterfly would we want to go back or even settle for second best? I think after soaking this in I will be asking to be one of the humble hungry ones fluttering in unencumbered freedom. Thank you for giving me some food for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too read, then reread your words...I am truly enjoying this day as a day of rest :). I enjoyed the picture of the kitty knocking at the door :).

    Blessed Sonday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like we were both thinking along the same line.

    I'm planning to take a few 'days of rest' in a row...in a dessert oasis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful truth... reminds me of a poignant song by Sara Groves called "Painting Pictures of Egypt." You may know it; it talks about how we paint pictures (in our minds) of how great Egypt was by leaving out what it lacked (God's blessing). It says that we look at the future (in the desert) and when it looks hard we want to go back (to Egypt.) God's love is here for us and will be with us all the way to the Promised Land! Thanks for those profound thoughts, Vee!

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that print. If there is anything I like better than a print with a house and flowers, it is a print with a house, flowers and a cat!!

    ReplyDelete

🕊
If comments disappear, please don't fret. A simple "hi" will do. The platform surely needs some maintenance.