A Haven for Vee
Friday, April 4, 2008
And the Award Goes to...
* Suzanne @ The Farmer's Wife writes every day and I am constantly amazed by the variety in her posts. She writes poignantly, wittily, intelligently. Currently, she is doing facelifts. Check it out!
* Kari & Kijsa These sisters provide a joyous look at home decorating and all the possibilites with the ever present Diet Coke in hand. Lots of wonderful ideas here!
* Brenda @Coffee Tea Books and Me is doing a series on thrift where she shares many wonderful ideas on saving money and stocking up in the pantry. Check out how she organized her freezer!
* La Tea Dah @ Gracious
Hospitality has been hosting a Tea Blogathon extraordinaire and it's been so much fun. She's so organized and has everything so carefully planned...hope that you'll join the fun, if you haven't already.
* Sandi @ Holding Patterns What can I say about Sandi other than that she is laugh-out-loud witty and always thought-provoking. Her recent post on harassment in the work place was fantastic, but then she's always writing fantastic things.
* Pat @ Milli Fiori Favoriti is a recent treasure find for me. She is currently providing a tour of Manhattan that you shouldn't miss. What a wonderful teacher she is!
* Judy @ My Front Porch is a constant and steady influence on me. I am learning so much about how to be a grandmother by watching her interact with her grands. She also lives in one of the most beautiful spots on earth and takes great photos.
* Miss Sandy @ Quill Cottage never ceases to impress me with her turn of a phrase. She writes incredible posts on everything from faith to decorating. I am enchanted whenever she takes a walk down memory lane.
* Barbara @ Ramblings From an English Garden has been such a blessing to me. She has been doing an ongoing series of autobiographical stories sharing her life in the most transparent of ways. Just incredible. Not only that, she takes beautiful photos of her very English world.
* Linds @ Rocking Chair Reflections is such a good read. We have lived somewhat parallel lives and I am always intrigued by her story. Currently, she is stuck at home recuperating from an injury and could use some cheerful company. She'd put the kettle on if she were able!
* Mary @ Little Red House shares her joy for dishes and birds and treasures that she's finding in the backs of her magical closets.
* Linda @ Restyled Home does an incredible job of keeping her finger on the pulse of what's going on in the decorating world with color and design all the while "keeping it real."
* Alice @ Tea in My Cup has the most fantastic recipes. I baked her orange scones yesterday and my goodness were they ever fantastic.
* Melissa @ The Inspired Room provides some of the most incredible decorating advice. Her suggestions are thoughtful and well written. You can't go wrong to heed such "inspired" recommendations.
* Lovella @ What Matters Most is responsible for getting so many bloggers up off the sofa and out the door. Soon I'll have no excuse and must join them! Also in British Columbia, she shares the most delightful photos, but check out the recent vacation to Hawaii, too.
That's fifteen! Ten for Charli and Me and five for Happyone who didn't even give me a requirement in the first place.
The following amazing bloggers are receiving the YOU MAKE MY DAY award:
* Abbie @ Abbie's Place has a quirky, fun sense. I find myself grinning a lot when I visit.
* Robin @ Bittersweet Punkin is a dear soul and I love visiting. She and I also share a similar taste in music. (At least, I've finally learned how to launch the playlist so that I'm not bugging her by sitting under her window.)
* Happyone @ Captain's Log shares her life in a happy way. She does! But you should check out her recent MEME for a surprise...who does she want to boot into next week? LOL! Her three moments of gratitude are a delight as well.
* Mary Isabella @ Daisy Bouquet just makes me smile. She has a loving and cheerful spirit that comes through in her posts and stories. I always leave her blog smiling.
* Cindy @ In a Garden is a new empty-nester just this week. She shares about faith and family in a wonderful way.
* Kari @ Just Livin' Large always makes me laugh. She's irreverent without being mean; witty without being caustic; and, besides, she agrees with me on most political issues. ;D
* Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio has a cheerful, beautiful blog and she shares her work and her decorating projects with such generosity. I can't wait to see what her most recent decorating home project has been, but it'll be a while. She's soooo busy these days!
* Brin @ My Messy, Thrilling Life is a delight. Pure and simple. Recipes, devotionals, travelogues, you name it; she's got it!
* Teresa @ Plumwater Cottage shares movies and books, decorating and gardening, and takes great photos of her home. Not to mention another great playlist!
* Margo @ Robolady creates beauty from junk. It's always fascinating to see what this talented lady has been doing.
* Kathy @ Shocking Pink Thread is a recent find for me and I'm so glad that I found another New England blogger who shares that sense of like-mindedness. I love to see photos of her home and to hear what she thinks.
* C.C. @ Six Months of Settled is a witty wonder of a writer. Better than that bunch of alliteration! She is on her way back to the great continent of Africa and there had better be a good internet connection at the library where she'll serve as the librarian.
* BumbleVee @ The "Bearister" Bookcase and I do not always share like-mindedness because she's way cooler than I am. She rides a motorcyle! At her age! (And she likes to take potshots at me just like that! ;D)
* Dawn @ The Feathered Nest always shares the most beautiful creations. I admire her talent and always feel that the world is a little more beautiful because of her blog.
* Jan @ The Life and Times of Li'l Ol' Me makes me laugh, is genuine, and supportive. How can you go wrong with those combinations? You can't!
* Terri @ Wind Lost is one of the most thoughtful and articulate of persons sharing mostly her journey in decorating her lovely home. When she shares on an even more personal level, her writing is poignant and piercing. What is this with the alliteration today?!
Sixteen and so many more! I can't think of a blogger who does NOT make my day. Bloggers are some of the most creative, intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate people I've ever encountered. I read so many more than are even on my blogroll.
Speaking of my blogroll, I carefully select those with whom I share a certain like-mindedness and who write a few times a week and also make it easy for me to comment. Is that how the rest of you are handling it, too?
Edited to Add: I've just received an email asking for clarification about "the rules." It's true! There are no strings attached to either of these awards. If you would like there to be, create your own. I just wanted you to enjoy them. I've been much too selfish holding on to awards when they should be scattered freely all over.
Oh, don't forget, I still want you to comment on your blogroll...please!
Posted by Vee at 9:05 AM