A Haven for Vee

Sunday, December 9, 2012

From Joseph's Perspective

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins. ~Luke 2:7

There were so many miraculous things about the birth of Jesus. Mary, we can all agree, must have been an amazing girl for God to select her to be the mother of His son. Then, long before sonograms, the angel announces the gender of the child and tells Joseph (in a dream) what the child's name shall be. Jesus means "The Lord Saves." 


I often think about Joseph's role in the Christmas story as I am doing most especially today. These two songs help me flesh out that remarkable man whom God selected to be the earthly father of His own son. Incredible. 

♫ music ♫

♪music♪

How can man be father to the Son of God?... How can I raise a King? How can I raise a King? 

I never listen to these words without feeling a new gratitude for what God did in a most amazing plan — such a strange way to save the world.